Monday, November 16, 2009

Week #60: Recession Busters: Food, Fun & Frugality

I'm the Mad-Mexican, so of course I known about eating rice, beans, potatoes, and flour. I was raised with these staple foods and I'm still using these items every day. As for fun, well sometimes we have to make certain sacrifices. For example to watch a movie, we would wait until the movie came out on Television. We didn't have VHS or DVDs that we rented for 5 or even a 1 dollar. As for my wife, she had to watch the next door neighbor's television. But I learned one thing; you are only as poor as you make yourself to be. I remember those times as the best time of my life. Just remember, it all a mind game. Always use free resource like the park and the library. The library even has a great book that recently read call the “Ultimate Cheapskate”.

No comments: