Monday, November 16, 2009

Week #25: Sound: Am I a music pirate? It's hard to know...

I have created multiple audio CD and also created MP3 audio CD.
Windows Media Player only allows you to create audio CD, but Nero and other programs also allow you to create MP3 CD or DVD. Audio CD allow you to create a CD with 80 minutes, but a MP3 CD allow you to create a CD that has a least 300 songs. Not a hard difficult process. I don't create audio CD anymore. Mostly, I am now using MP3 Players. They are more practical.

Today, people want to get free stuff. I really feel sorry for the artist, singers, movie producers, and bands. It is very difficult for record companies to squeeze any more from them after they have tons of money on their IPOD, ITouch, Zune. Parents just don't want to spend any more money. So these kids (and adults) want to get their music for free (or the least amount of money as possible). I don't think that music is benefiting from online sharing or DRM. But I do believe that the record companies could benefit if they were to think outside the box and start collecting money from different sources such as money from websites playing their songs.

No comments: