Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week #58 - Money & Finance:Banking, Budgeting, and Spending

Sorry that these modules would not be in any specific order... but I just need to catch up on training hours.....

I do enjoy my free online banking and all of my credit cards do offer online services to make it easier to do online banking. Bank will offer multiple ways to secure your account by verify your email account to adding cookies on your computer or a new computer, but I must admit, it is not for everyone. There are so many people that are afraid of online banking because of the risk that may be involved. The banks and internet companies have done a great deal with removing alot of the risk that may be involved, but the problem may not alway be them. Most of the time, the problem is not the banks, but the home users not actively protecting themselves. The parents use the same computer that the kids use, and kids activities can cause a lot of virus and spyware that can steal people information. If your planning on doing some online banking, then make sure you also have a lot of protection such as a good antivirus, antimalware, and a good firewall.

The bank companies do give you an idea as to where you spend your money. This way you can cut spending in eating out or in spending too much money on clothing. Without visually looking at your spending, some people don't know where to even start.

As for a website that has all my information about the banks, nope I don't think so. I would not place all my all information in the same website, but that is just me. I don't know... Call me crazy or old fashion.

No comments: